Code of Ethics
By undertaking Jeet Kune Do instruction with New England Jeet Kune Do, you agree to meet the following expectations:
Be respectful of the Sifu, your fellow students, and the knowledge being imparted.
- Keep all appointments. Inform Sifu of cancellations/changes at least 24 hours ahead of time. Pay all fees on time.
- Keep Sifu and your fellow students informed of any injury or medical condition that may interfere with safe training.
- Maintain an empty cup, and keep learning.
- Good form is essential to good technique. There is a time to get it right, and a time to experiment and individualize.
Train seriously and responsibly.
- Be courteous towards fellow students.
- Train and spar in earnest.
- When sparring, you and your opponent accept risks in order to further your development. You must wear the safety equipment required.
- Recklessness in sparring will not be tolerated.
Use your skills responsibly.
- Do not misuse your skills to harm others.
- In combat sports competitions, obey all rules.
- On the street, obey all local laws.
- Be respectful of other martial artists, schools, and styles. We are bearers of the same ancient endeavor that is martial arts.
- Do not teach without the Sifuís permission.